Stikeman Elliott has released Energy: Oil & Gas Canada, a new publication prepared for U.K.-based Chambers & Partners. The in-depth analysis is organized under the following headings:
- General structure of petroleum ownership and regulation
- Private investment in petroleum (upstream)
- Private investment in petroleum (downstream)
- Foreign investment
- Environment, health and safety
- Miscellaneous (including key regulatory developments)
The topics covered include: the legal and regulatory frameworks of Canada’s key oil and gas jurisdictions; typical Canadian licence terms; provincial royalty regimes; taxation issues; foreign investment controls; environmental laws; aboriginal issues; and the current state of proposed LNG and pipeline projects.